Happy (almost) New Year! While many of us celebrate the new year at Rosh Hashanah time, the changing of the calendar from one year to the next also holds some undeniable weight. It’s another fresh start, another opportunity for change and growth and an additional moment to reflect on the past.
We’re reflecting on our top ten posts of 2023, to see what topics most caught your eye. Unsurprisingly, a lot of the ones on the list hit often misunderstood points about Orthodox Jewish life like wigs, hats and couples sleeping habits.
Which one intrigued you the most? What do you want to see more of in 2024? Let us know in the comments!
- What’s the Difference between Hasidic vs. Orthodox Jews?
- Why Do Orthodox Jewish Women Shave Their Heads?
- “You People” Normalizes Farrakhan’s Views on Jews
- Why Do Orthodox Jewish Men Wear Big Fur Hats?
- Why Do Orthodox Jews Carry Plastic Bags?
- Why Do Orthodox Jewish Couples Sleep in Separate Beds?
- Can We Ever Win Over Antisemites or Will they Always Hate us?
- Why Do Orthodox Jewish Women Wear Wigs (If They Look Better Than Hair)?
- Why Do Jewish Men Wear Yarmulkes (Kippahs)?
- Hats and Yarmulkes: A Visual Guide to Orthodox Jewish Men’s Head Coverings
If you found this content meaningful and want to help further our mission through our Keter, Makom, and Tikun branches, please consider becoming a Change Maker today.