This is our new behind the scenes JITC spinoff: JITC Unplugged. The NYPost reported on some of the most extreme measures some Orthodox women have taken to make their makeup last on Shabbos in their article “Holy Chic” but it didn’t give the whole story. Here’s JITC’s response.
A Response To The NYPost’s Holy Chic – JITC Unplugged
You May Also Like
- "The Jewish Secret to Financial Freedom," Ep. 1, Season 2April 2, 20155
If matza is "the poor man's bread" why does it represent ultimate freedom?
- The Orthodox Women Who Clothed Hundreds Of Kids With No FundingOctober 8, 20152
Dalia Stelzer, a young modern Orthodox mother living in Teaneck, New Jersey discovered something troubling ...
- Peripheral Vision is Whacked: Why We Must Judge FavorablySeptember 23, 20130
Keep your eyes on the cross, and see what happens to the images as you ...
- At U.S. Ping-Pong Open, Orthodox Estee Ackerman Ranks 6thJuly 28, 20150
Keeping up with 13 year old Estee Ackerman takes work. After being named one of ...
- Announcing Jew in the City’s 2015 Orthodox Jewish All Stars!!July 30, 20156
Baroness Rosalind Altmann, U.K. minister of pensions; Ahmed Zayat, owner of American Pharoah, the first ...
Allison is the Founder and Director of Jew in the City. Please find her full bio here.